Weight loss surgery can help you lose weight over the long term. It can also lower your risk of medical problems, improve your quality of life and allow you to live longer.
Before deciding about surgery, it important to:
- Understand why weight-loss surgery is done, as a part of life-style changes.
- Know about the different weight-loss surgeries.
- Understand life after surgery and what eating will be like.
- Learn about choosing the right doctor and hospital for surgery.
To learn more on your own, you can:
- Click any of the article links above.
- Select the "Weight-Loss Surgery" menu option above for more information on this subject.
- Take the Weight-Loss Surgery Decision Aid.
If you have questions, please select the "Contact" menu option above.